This utility extends functionality of hardware keys on Windows Mobile devices.
It allows you to:
* intercept almost any standard button: application buttons, WM5 SoftKeys, Volume slider, Action and even Red/Green phone buttons
* distinguish up to 4 different keypress events on each button grabbed (single, double, triple and "long" keypresses).
* remap each of the keypress events to "virtual" application button or assign them directly to one of the wide set of built-in actions.
As a result you may "convert" volume slider to up/down arrows, assign several essential application buttons to these "SoftKey" buttons and even assign your favorit alternative dialer to red/green phone buttons.
Current list of built-in keypress actions:
* Run Application
* Emulate keypress of many hardware buttons like Enter/Esc/up/down/left/right/red/green/WM5 softkeys/volume etc.
* Emulate standard application buttons
* "Virtual Application Button"
Being specified as keypress action, "Virtual button" appears in standard Start -> Settings -> Buttons setup dialog and may be assigned here.
* Close (terminate) active application
* Switch next application
* Alt+Tab (switch between two last applications)
* Task Manager with charge level / memory summary info. Task manager may be operated with directional pad (up/down - choose application, left/action - switch to, right - terminate) or finger/stylus. You may apply filters to hide annoying applications (e.g. Phone)
* Start Menu
* Switch Display Off/On. Once you switch display OFF you may turn it back ON by the same keypress event or simply pressing Power On button.
* Switch BlueTooth Off/On
* Switch WiFi Off/On
* Switch Vibration mode Off/On (WM5 only)
* Switch Phone module Off/On
* Switch Speakerphone mode Off/On
* Switch "Flashlight" Off/On (HTC devices only)
* Lock/unlock device (WM5 only)
* Turn Off PDA
* Soft-Reset PDA (Soft Reset)
* Screen rotation
* Go Online / Drop DialUp connections / Trigger Online
* Disable "Power Off device if not used..."
* Switch to Today screen
* Clipboard operations: Select All / Copy / Cut / Paste
* Memory Monitor
* Battery Monitor/Uptime Forecast. It will show battery voltage/current/temperature if corresponding sensors are available
* Current Date/Time
* Pop-up menu with important AEBPlus actions. This feature is available in activated version only
* Any built-in action may be initiated by shortcut calling aebplus.exe with corresponding command line parameter
- Windows Mobile 2003SE Smartphone
- Windows Mobile 5 Smartphone
- Windows Mobile 6 Smartphone
AE Button Plus