Google Maps for Mobile does much more than display maps.
* Real-time traffic — See where the congestion is, and estimate delays in over 30 major US metropolitan areas.
* Detailed directions — Whether you plan to walk or drive, your route is displayed on the map itself, together with step-by-step directions.
* Integrated search results — Local business locations and contact information appear all in one place, integrated on your map.
* Easily movable maps — Interactive maps let you zoom in or out, and move in all directions so you can orient yourself visually.
* Satellite imagery — Get a bird's eye view of your desired location. (It's like you're there, we swear.)
* Maps is available on hundreds of mobile devices. For more ways to access Google local listings from your mobile device, try text messaging Google or browsing to our mobile web page.
Google Maps with My Location (beta)
See your location on the map, with or without GPS. Save time and tedious keystrokes finding where you are, what's around you, and how to get there. Watch the video on the right to see how it works.
If you have a GPS-enabled device, this blue dot corresponds to your GPS location. At times, or if you do not have a GPS-enabled phone, you might see the blue dot surrounded by a light blue circle (as shown on the right) to indicate uncertainty about your location.
Why the uncertainty? The My Location feature takes information broadcast from mobile towers near you to approximate your current location on the map - it's not GPS, but it comes pretty close (approximately 1000m close, on average). We're still in beta, but we're excited to launch this feature and are constantly working to improve our coverage and accuracy.
The My Location feature is available for most web-enabled mobile phones, including Java, BlackBerry, Windows Mobile, and Nokia/Symbian devices.
Ever since we launched Google Maps, we've been working hard to make it better. Here are a few of the features we've added:
* Real-time traffic conditions: See where the congestion is, and estimate delays in over 30 major US metropolitan areas.
* Favorite places and routes: Save time (and avoid sore thumbs) by keeping a list of residential or business locations, and driving routes.
* Insta-KB-o-meter: Monitor your data consumption in real-time — just look to the top right portion of your phone screen while using Google Maps.
* Enhanced business info: After selecting a particular business, select the "Details" tab for hours of operation, hotel amenities, and more.
* BlackBerry support: Just visit www.google.com/gmm on your BlackBerry's web browser, and you're all set to go.
* Smartphone WM 5.0
* Smartphone WM 6.0
* Smartphone WM 6.1
* Smartphone WM 6.5