JGUI’s GPS.Friend helps Windows Mobile users find each other.
You needn't know GPS, you needn't learn too much, about this program.
In just a few seconds, or a minute, you can review your position on the map,
with no worry about pre-installed maps, because it's downloading from the Internet.
The second, and even maybe more important, possibility of this program is,
in the same short time, you can "ask" someone's phone (who has this program installed too),
about his/her current location. In reply you review his/her position on the map,
and the calculated distance and direction between yours.
No data and values of yours positions are collected by any server (like others programs do).
In this program, the location exchanging does directly between Windows Mobile phones
by using ordinary SMS network service.
Basically, this program is useful for Windows Mobile phones,
with built-in GPS Receiver, or receiver connected in any way.
But there are many cases and possibilities, to use this program without receiver too.
If you have Windows Mobile phone without GPS Receiver in use, you can:
- ask someone's phone to give you his/her current location
- receive someone's location and review on the map image
If you have Windows Mobile phone with GPS Receiver, you can:
- do both the above actions, plus:
- get your own current location
- reply for someone's request, and give him/her your current location
- calculate distance and direction between your and someone's location
- review both your and someone's locations on the map image.
This program is freeware.
If it's enough for you, to get own location
and receive someone's external location,
ONLY ONE TIME DAILY.
If you want to get several times, unlimited times daily,
you may buy and unlock this program to the fully-operates version.
GPS.Friend is unlocked by individual code/password compatible to the phone device ID.
Because you may want to use GPS.Friend in several devices at your wish,
you get the discounted price for every second and next devices.
4 November 2008
- Version 1.5.
- added satellite and terrain maps views
- added Today Screen plugin shows the latest location
- 3x faster maps download time
3 August 2008
- fixed some satellites problems (Qualcom devices)
31 July 2008
- fixed more screen sizes: 800x480 (like: Toshiba Portege)
- fixed more screen sizes: 440x240 (like: Samsung Omnia)
- fixed more screen sizes: 400x240 (like: Asus M930)
29 July 2008
- fixed screen sizes: 640x480 (HTC Advantage)
28 July 2008
- first version published
* Windows Mobile Standard (Smartphone).
* GPS Receiver built-in or connected.
You must do soft-reset of your phone, right after installation of this program finished.